The margin computation of the BFX Futures contracts is based on the Standard Portfolio Analysis of Risk (Span) method, in line with international best practices and global standards.
What does SPAN stand for?
SPAN stands for Standard Portfolio Analysis of Risk (Chicago Mercantile Exchange)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SPAN
We have 99 other meanings of SPAN in our Acronym Attic
- Small Publishers Association of North America
- Solar Particle Alert Network
- Solar Physics Analysis Network
- Southern Pine Awareness Network
- Space Physics Analysis Network
- Space Plasma Analysis Network
- Spacecraft Analysis (US NASA)
- Spanish (language course)
- Special Parametric Analysis of Control Nodes
- Specialist Practitioner Adult Nursing
- Student Project for Amity among Nations (various locations)
- Submarine Piloting and Navigation (US Navy)
- Suicide Prevention Action Network (various locations)
- Suicide Prevention Advocacy Network
- Sulfonic Acid Ring substituted Poly Aniline
- Switch Port Analyzer (Cisco)
- System Projection and Analysis
- Single-Payer Action Network Ohio
- Société Protectrice des Animaux et de la Nature (French: Society for the Protection of Animals and Nature; Morocco)
- Society for the Protection of Animals Abroad
Samples in periodicals archive:
While in Chicago, Mayor Han will also visit Walter Payton College Preparatory School, which has a strong Mandarin language program, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), which last year signed a licensing agreement allowing Shanghai Futures Exchange to adopt the CME's Standard Portfolio Analysis of Risk (SPAN) system, and he will have an architectural tour of Chicago.
29 Kyodo The Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange said Wednesday they have introduced the Chicago Mercantile Exchange's system of Standard Portfolio Analysis of Risk (SPAN) for calculating performance margin requirements.