Because homeowners insurance doesn't typically cover flood damage, families need to consider purchasing flood insurance now as a standard flood insurance policy typically takes 30 days to go into effect.
What does SFIP stand for?
SFIP stands for Standard Flood Insurance Policy (FEMA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SFIP
We have 11 other meanings of SFIP in our Acronym Attic
- Student Funding and International Office (Oxford University; UK)
- Special Function IO Register
- San Francisco International Program (California)
- Sector Facility Indexing Project (US EPA)
- Self-Directed Fitness Improvement Program
- Sheep Flock Improvement Program (Canada)
- Société Française d'Intervention et de Prévention (French: French Intervention and Prevention Company; security services)
- Société Française des Ingénieurs des Plastiques (French: French Society of Plastics Engineers)
- Société Francophone d'Imagerie Pédiatrique
- Special Field Intelligence Program (FBI)
- Securities and Futures Investors Protection Center (Taiwan)
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association (California)
- Société Francophone d'Imagerie Pédiatrique et Prénatale (French: Francophone Society of Pediatric and Prenatal Imaging)
- Sexual Function Inventory Questionnaire
- Sequential Filter Imaging Radiometer
- Significant Finding Impact Report
- Spatial Filtering for Interference Reduction
- Specific Force Integrating Receiver
- Stabilization Force in Iraq
- Standard Farming Installation Rules (agricultural industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The amount of insurance coverage available to homeowners under the NFIP is limited by requirements set forth in statute and FEMA's regulations, which include FEMA's standard flood insurance policy.
A standard flood insurance policy covers a single-peril (flood) and pays for direct physical damage to one's insured property.
The Residential Condominium Building Association Policy (RCBAP) of the standard flood insurance policy insures residential condominium associations, and thus the building in which the unit is located.
1 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Association of Professional Insurance Agents is congratulating the Federal Insurance Administration on new changes to the Standard Flood Insurance Policy (SFIP).
Previously, businesses in these areas could only obtain coverage under the Standard Flood Insurance Policy (SFIP) form.
Premiums for these policies are at least 30 percent less expensive than the standard flood insurance policy premium.