This includes replacing all levels of the Standard Army Retail Supply System (SARSS) and logistics finance, including the funds control module.
What does SARRS stand for?
SARRS stands for Standard Army Retail Supply System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 2 other meanings of SARRS in our Acronym Attic
- Saskatchewan Association for Resource Recovery Corporation
- Selected Acquisition Report Review Course (DSMC)
- South Atlantic Regional Resource Center (Plantation, FL)
- South Atlantic Road Racing Championship
- South Australian Road Runners Club
- Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center (Phoenix, Arizona)
- South Australian Retired Railway Employees Club Inc. (Australia)
- Search and Rescue Request (US DoD)
- South Australian Rural and Remote Medical Support Agency (Wayville)
- Search and Rescue, Resuscitation and Rewarming in Accidental Hypothermia
- Scaled Attachment Random Recursive Tree
- Severe Anemia Requiring Red Blood Cell Transfusion
- Sexual Assault Response and Recovery Team (Stanford University; California)
- Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program
- Sacral Anterior Root Stimulator
- Safety and Reliability Society (UK)
- Sample of Anonymized Records
- San Antonio Rotablator Study
- Schweitzer Alpine Racing School
- Schweres Akutes Respiratorisches Syndrom (German: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
Samples in periodicals archive:
STAMISs include the Standard Army Maintenance System (SAMS), Standard Army Retail Supply System (SARSS), and Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE) and are supported by the very small aperture terminal (VSAT), and Combat Service Support Automated Information Systems Interface (CAISI).
The Army is a heavy user of FED LOG and relies upon it to update their supply systems such as the Unit Level Logistics System (ULLS), Standard Army Retail Supply System (SARRS), and Standard Army Maintenance System (SAMS).
Often MC4, unlike the Standard Army Retail Supply System (SARSS) and the Standard Army Maintenance System (SAMS), is not viewed as an integral part of the Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) suite.
PBUSE interfaces with several other critical logistics systems, including LOGSA LIW, the Standard Army Retail Supply System, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Corporate Database, the Army War Reserve Deployment System, the General Funds Enterprise Business System, the Central Issue Facility-Installation Support Module, the Worldwide Ammunition Reporting System, and Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier's fielding application.
This eliminates the need for reconciliations, closeouts, backups, restores, transaction in-and-out processes, and availability file uploads performed daily, weekly, and monthly in the Standard Army Retail Supply System.
The unsecure version connects directly to STAMISs, such as the Standard Army Maintenance System and the Standard Army Retail Supply System.
To support Army supply receipt with an RFID-triggered inventory update, the Standard Army Retail Supply System (SARSS) would simply need to accept an automated file receipt from an RFID tag.