Furthermore, Picarro Surveyor is also the world's only solution capable of distinguishing natural gas leaks from other sources of methane, such as sewers and landfills by stable isotope analysis, thereby eliminating false positives in minutes while in the field and saving numerous hours of laboratory gas analysis.
What does SIA stand for?
SIA stands for Stable Isotope Analysis (biology)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIA
We have 351 other meanings of SIA in our Acronym Attic
- Sorry in Advance
- Spaceweek International Association
- Special Intelligence Australia
- Special Interest Alien
- Special Interface Adapter
- Specialized Individual Assistance
- Spinal Injury Association (various locations)
- Spokane International Airport
- Sport Industry Awards (UK)
- Stable Implementation Agreements (Bellcore)
- Staffing Industry Analysts, Inc. (Los Altos, California)
- Standard Instrument Approach
- Standardized IDRS/CFOL Access
- Starfleet Intelligence Agency (Star Trek)
- Startegic Issues Analysis
- State Implementing Agency (India)
- Station Interface Adapter
- Statistical Image Analysis (mathematics)
- Statistical Implicative Analysis
- Storage Instantaneous Audimeter
Samples in periodicals archive:
But stable isotope analysis indicates the males were not local to Anglesey, but may have spent their early years in north west Scotland or Scandinavia.
The researchers say the starch granules and carbohydrate markers in the samples, plus evidence for plant compounds such as azulenes and coumarins, as well as possible evidence for nuts, grasses and even green vegetables, argue for a broader use of ingested plants than is often suggested by stable isotope analysis.
2002), except for those samples selected for compound specific analysis, which were soxlet extracted (see below; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and compound specific stable isotope analysis (CSIA)).
discus hannai in the natural habitat, our results indicate that stable isotope analysis is a reliable tool for examining abalone feeding ecology.
Heavy stable isotope analysis of mid-late Holocene Neolithic burials from Sarawak (Malaysia) identifies groups not apparent in mortuary treatment or inferred subsistence.
A number of field studies are available to the interested reader that demonstrate the powerful application of stable isotope analysis to distinguish between multiple sources of groundwater contamination within a plume by analyzing isotopic compositions from samples taken in the vicinity of suspected source zones.
The application of stable isotope analysis in animal ecology, however elegant and technologically simple, is nevertheless fraught with several heuristic difficulties, primarily stemming from uncertain variation in isotopic discrimination based on many physiological processes.