The intimidation measures (no access to higher education and harassment by the Staatssicherheitsdienst, the East German secret police) aided in the formation of strong solidarity groups.
What does STASI stand for?
STASI stands for Staatssicherheitsdienst (State Security, former East Germany)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Submarine Towed Array Sonar
- Submarine Towed Array System
- Superman the Animated Seires
- Scientific and Technical Acronyms, Symbols, and Abbreviations (Wiley InterScience)
- Solutions Technology Alliance of South Africa
- Spanish Teachers' Association of South Australia, Inc.
- Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Limited
- Simple Things Are Simple, Complex Things Are Possible (Software design principle)
- Security Transformations Application Service Element
- Station Ship
- Software for Ambient Semantic Interoperable Services
- South Tidewater Association of Ship Repairers
- Short Term Air Supply System (emergency breathing system)
- South Tyneside Assessment of Syntactic Structure (language assessment tool)
- Standard Training Activity Support System (Navy-CNET)
- Submarine Towed Array Surveillance/Sonar System
- Surveillance and Target Acquisition Aircraft System
- Science and Technology Assistance Team
- Science Teachers Association of Texas