The team discovered that this discrete set of cells, located at the squamocolumnar junction of the cervix, uniquely express biomarkers that are seen in all forms of invasive cervical cancers linked to HPV.
What does SCJ stand for?
SCJ stands for Squamocolumnar Junction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCJ
We have 37 other meanings of SCJ in our Acronym Attic
- S C Johnson & Son, Inc.
- S Club Juniors (band)
- Salvatore Cuomo Japan (Japanese pizza business)
- Sapporo City Jazz (Sapporo, Japan)
- Save the Children Japan
- Science Council of Japan
- Secured Capital Japan Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Sixteenth Century Journal
- Southern California Jurisdiction (International Order of DeMolay)
- Southern Communication Journal (Southern States Communication Association; Taylor & Francis)
- Strength and Conditioning Journal (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins)
- Strongsville City Jazz (Strongsville, OH)
- Sub Conditione Jacobi (Latin: Under the Terms of James)
- Sugar Company of Jamaica Limited
- Sullivan County Jail (Blountville, TN)
- Super Cobra Jet (engine)
- Supreme Court Justice
- School of Criminal Justice & Administration
- Senior Conformation Judges Association (est. 1983; American Kennel Club)
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Endoscopically, the gross appearance of the distal esophagus, and the relationship of the squamocolumnar junction (Z-line) to the anatomic GEJ, which is defined as the most proximal limit of the gastric folds, is also helpful in separating these conditions.
AIN occurs most frequently at the anal squamocolumnar junction, although it can occur in the anal canal below the dentate line.
Speculum examination with direct visual inspection and subsequent colposcopy revealed a friable squamocolumnar junction from the 3 o'clock to the 9 o'clock positions.
Injecting bulking agents into the mucosa of the squamocolumnar junction has shown some promise (1-3).
A satisfactory colposcopy implies visualization of the entire squamocolumnar junction, he said.
On repeat anoscopy, an ulcerated polypoid mass measuring 1 cm, involving the distal rectum at the 9 o'clock position with extension into the squamocolumnar junction, was seen.
This results in thickening and scarring of the involved segment, which is usually located in the distal esophagus at the squamocolumnar junction.