At a molecular level, entry of spotted fever group rickettsiae is initiated by binding of outer membrane proteins OmpA and OmpB to a host cell receptor; for R.
What does SFGR stand for?
SFGR stands for Spotted Fever Group Rickettsiae
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of SFGR in our Acronym Attic
- State Farm General Insurance Company
- Site Français Gene Kelly (French Gene Kelly fan website)
- Small Firm Government Loan Scheme (UK)
- Societe Francaise de Greffe de Moelle (French: French Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation)
- Swift Force Global Network
- Sulphur-Free Gas Oil (green diesel project; United Arab Emirates)
- San Francisco Grand Prix
- San Francisco Green Party (San Francisco, CA)
- Special Forces Group
- San Francisco Guitar Quartet
- San Francisco Garden Resource Organization (California)
- Scottish Forestry Grants Scheme (Scotland, UK)
- Steam-Flaked Grain Sorghum (animal feed)
- Stratum Fibrosum et Griseum Superficiale (Latin; ophthalmology)
- Students for Global Sustainability (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Sum Frequency Generation Spectroscopy
- San Francisco Green Schoolyard Alliance (California)
- San Francisco Gay Softball League (California)
- Sandra Feinstein Gamm Theatre (Pawtucket, RI)
- South Florida Ghost Team (est. 2003)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Update on spotted fever group Rickettsiae in South Africa.
Differentiation of spotted fever group rickettsiae by sequencing and analysis of restriction fragment length polymorphism of PCR-amplified DNA of the gene encoding the protein rOmpA.
Infrequency of Rickettsia rickettsii in Dermacentor variabilis removed from humans, with comments on the role of other human-biting ticks associated with spotted fever group rickettsiae in the United States.
Absence of Rickettsia rickettsii and occurrence of other spotted fever group rickettsiae in ticks from Tennessee.
Detection and identification of spotted fever group Rickettsiae and Ehrlichiae in African ticks.
Molecular identification of a collection of spotted fever group rickettsiae obtained from patients and ticks from Russia.
Seroprevalence for spotted fever group rickettsiae is high in the Sahel regions of Africa (5), although there may be different emergent and classic rickettsioses in Africa.