The Spoken Language Translation Research Laboratories at ATR recently demonstrated a system that shows a lot of promise.
What does SLT stand for?
SLT stands for Spoken Language Translation (workshop)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLT
We have 157 other meanings of SLT in our Acronym Attic
- South Lake Tahoe (Amtrak station code; South LakeTahoe, CA)
- South Lake Tahoe (California)
- South London Tangerines (UK)
- South Luzon Tollway (Philippines)
- Spanish Lyric Theatre (Tampa, Florida)
- Specific Launch Trajectory
- Speech and Language Therapist/Therapy
- Speech-Language Therapy (various organizations)
- Sperrin Lakeland Trust (UK)
- Spoken Language Technology (Workshop)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Spoken language translation automatically translates words and phrases in one language to computer-generated speech and/or text in another language by using text-to-speech translation, speech-to-speech translation or digital audio playback synthesis technology.
This article identifies five issues that are important for rehabilitation counselors to keep in mind as they provide services to persons of Hispanic origin: (a) developing greater sensitivity and respect for individual differences among Hispanic clients, (b) separating the effects of culture from the effects of socio-economic status, (c) exercising caution in interpreting and generalizing research findings, (d) exercising caution in the use of standardized tests, and (e) obtaining the best written and spoken language translation.