Through a joint research effort with the Neurogenetics Branch of the NINDS, ASC will use the funding to pursue development of an oral drug treatment for spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA) or Kennedy's Disease, a rare hereditary neurodegenerative disease, which currently has no approved drug available to patients.
What does SBMA stand for?
SBMA stands for Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBMA
We have 28 other meanings of SBMA in our Acronym Attic
- Super Bit Mapping (Sony CD mastering technology)
- Supply Base Management
- Support Business Manager
- Sustainable Business Management
- Suzhou Best Metal Products Co., Ltd. (steel tubing manufacturer; China)
- Swedish Bike Meet
- Synthetic Based Mud (oil drilling)
- Systematic Botany Monographs (American Society of Plant Taxonomists)
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art (California)
- Southern Building Material Association
- Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
- Steel Bar Mills Association
- Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority
- Sociedade Brasiliera de Matematica Aplicada e Computacional (Portugese)
- Snohomish Basin Mitigation Bank (Washington)
- Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics (various schools)
- Supervisory Bus Monitor Buffer
- South Bay Mountain Biking Club (California)
- Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry (La Trobe University, Australia)
- Sadler, Breen, Morasch & Colby (patent law firm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
28 Kyodo A team of Japanese researchers has discovered clues as to how some neurodegenerative diseases occur, possibly paving the way for effective medical treatment of nervous disorders such as Huntington's disease and spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy.