The Select, which serves 4-6, includes a whole roasted turkey breast or spiral spiced ham, one quart of cornbread dressing, one pint of cranberry dressing, one pint of giblet gravy, a dozen dinner rolls and a choice of a pumpkin or pecan pie.
What does SPAM stand for?
SPAM stands for Spiced Ham (Hormel canned pork developed in 1937)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SPAM
We have 59 other meanings of SPAM in our Acronym Attic
- Society for Palmtop Advancement through Meetings (San Francisco, CA)
- Society for the Preservation of Amplitude Modulation
- Society for the Publication of American Music
- Society of Properties Artisan Managers
- Solar Powered Area Monitor
- Some Place Around Montana / Missouri / Massachusetts / Mississippi / Maine :-)
- Something Posing as Mail
- Space Planning and Management (University of Missouri - Columbia)
- Specially Prepared American Meat (folk etymology)
- Spectral Processing and Manipulation (Ocean Optics)
- State Police Association of Massachusetts
- Stop Pornography and Abusive Marketing Act
- Strike Package and Associated Messages (tactical Tomahawk weapon control system)
- Student Peer Abstinence Movement (Montana)
- Stuff Posing as Meat
- Stupid, Pointless Annoying Message (folk etymology)
- Super Processed Artificial Meat
- Survey Processing and Management
- Systems Personnel Activity Meeting (Yale)
- Statistical Packet Assignment Multiple Access
Samples in periodicals archive:
SPAM (it's short for spiced ham, by the way) is the staple diet of many Filipinos and is found in almost every food cupboard in the Philippines.
Here, she creates an aromatic spiced ham and shows you how to plan your big day.
In an age of sophisticated tastes and organic foods the spiced ham lunchmeat has coped well with changing food fashions.
Apparently he said he had thought of the name some time before and was waiting for a suitable product to come along although may neutral observers think the fact that the tins contain SPiced hAM might also have had something to do with it.
Developed by the Hormel company in 1937 as a spiced ham product, it was a mainstay ration for the victorious Allied armies of World War II--Nikita Khrushchev said tons of Spam provided by the United States kept the Red Army on the field to defeat Hitler on the eastern front.
The new pizzas in the range are: the creamy Italian staple Carbonara with its thick layering of creamy cheese sauce, spiced ham and garlic roasted mushrooms; the Quattro Formaggio which is generously topped with mozzarella, parmesan, gorgonzola and fontina cheeses finished with sun dried tomatoes; and the Hot & Spicy Meatballs pizza with lashings of spicy tomato sauce, succulent meatballs, chargrilled green peppers and red onions.
Hormel was looking for a name for a spiced ham product made with pork shoulder since rivals had begun to copy its popular canned spiced ham.