CONTROVERSIAL Sats tests in creative writing are set to be axed, but primary school pupils are likely to be made to sit a beefed-up exam in spelling, punctuation and grammar.
What does SPAG stand for?
SPAG stands for Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SPAG
We have 37 other meanings of SPAG in our Acronym Attic
- Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation (study)
- SEAMEO (Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization) Project in Archaeology and Fine Arts
- Southern Piedmont Adoptive Families of America, Inc.
- Surfers Paradise Australian Football Club (Gold coast, Australia)
- European Standards Promotion and Application Group
- Search, Portals, and Advertising Group (Microsoft)
- Small Particle Aerosol Generator
- Society for the Promotion of Adventure Games (text adventure review magazine)
- South Plains Association of Governments (Lubbock, TX)
- Standards Promotion and Application Group
- Submarine Parachute Assistance Group (UK)
- Saskatchewan Professional Art Galleries Association (Canada)
- South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission (also seen as SOPAC)
- Student Professional Association of Georgia Educators
- European Sonotherapy Prevention of Arterial Hyperplasia (clinical study)
- Sales Per Associate Hour
- Schering-Plough Animal Health Corporation
- Secondary Pulmonary Artery Hypertension
- Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica (est. 1963)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Overview: - Spelling, punctuation and grammar are just as much tools of the writer's trade as are paper and a pen or typewriter or pc.