Pronunciations are grouped together into the PLS document which may be referenced from other markup languages, such as the Speech Recognition Gramrnar Specification (SRGS) and the Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML).
What does SSML stand for?
SSML stands for Speech Synthesis Markup Language
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SSML
We have 10 other meanings of SSML in our Acronym Attic
- Self-Stigma of Mental Illness Scale (psychology)
- Special Sensor Microwave Imager/Sounder
- School Science and Mathematics Journal
- Steve Saunders Master Jeweler (est. 1970; Monterey, CA)
- Scuola Superiore per Mediatori Linguistici (Italian: School for Language Mediators; Pisa University, Italy)
- Seaspan Ship Management Ltd. (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Shahmurad Sugar Mills Limited (est. 1980; Pakistan)
- Ship's Service Man, Laundryman (rank; US Navy)
- Simbhaoli Sugar Mills Limited (now Simbhaoli Sugars Ltd.)
- Skateboarding Saved My Life, Inc.
- Spherically-Stratified Microwave Lens Antenna
- Saskatchewan Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists
- Saab-Salomon Mountain Mayhem (UK bike festival)
- Search and Social Media Marketing (courses)
- Server State Machine Model
- SharePoint Site Migration Manager (Metalogix software)
- Single Source Multi-Media
- Slide Show Movie Maker
- Solid State Mass Memory
- State Surface Maintenance Manager
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sample topics include the advantages and disadvantages of the statistical approach to automatic speech recognition; the W3C design criteria for Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML); and phonological and phonetic models of intonation.
SRGS and Speech Synthesis Markup Language are standards for grammar formats and text-to-speech tags which make not only the applications portable, but the associated grammars as well.
Speech Synthesis Markup Language is a rich, XML-based markup language for assisting the generation of synthetic speech in Web and other applications.
This First Public Working Draft of Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) 1.
org/ -- Today, the W3C announced the results of the second Workshop on Speech Synthesis Markup Language, where speech experts from around the world presented ideas for expanding the range of languages supported by SSML 1.
org/ -- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) announced new work on extensions to components of the Speech Interface Framework which will both extend Speech Synthesis Markup Language functionality to Asian and other languages, and include speaker verification features into the next version of VoiceXML, version 3.
Burnett's many standards contributions include his role as co-editor of Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP) and Chief Editor of Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML).