Among specific topics are anisotropic wave propagation through finite-difference grids, a spectral element method for simulating acoustic waves in heterogeneous media, the dispersion analysis of spectral element methods for elastic wave propagation, a perfectly matched layer absorbing boundary condition for the second-order seismic wave equation, and using three-dimensional finite-difference modeling to design wide-azimuth surveys for improved subsalt imaging.
What does SEM stand for?
SEM stands for Spectral Element Method
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SEM
We have 372 other meanings of SEM in our Acronym Attic
- Softcopy Exploitation Management
- Software Engineering and Middleware
- Solar Environmental Monitor
- Solution Engagement Manager (Salesforce.com, Inc.)
- Sound and Efficient Management (EU)
- Space Environment Monitor
- Space Experiment Module
- Spacecraft Equipment Module (US NASA)
- Specific Equipment Model
- Specification Exception Material
- Spherical Earth Model
- Spolocenstvo Evanjelickej Mladeze (Slovak religious organization)
- Sponsored Educational Materials (public relations)
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Sports Entertainment Media
- SQL Enterprise Manager (Microsoft client for SQL Server)
- Standard Electronic/Equipment Module
- Standard Equipment Modules
- Standard Error of Mean
- Standard Error of the Means
Samples in periodicals archive:
Spectral element method The wave propagation in a multi-layered system can be analyzed using several commercial computer codes such as ABAQUS and ANSYS.
RONQUIST, Spectral element methods for large-scale parallel Navier-Stokes calculations, Comput.
ISKANDARANI, The spectral element method for the shallow water equations on the sphere, Journal of Computational Physics, 130 (1997), pp.