specific vocational preparation (as a proxy for skill level).
What does SVP stand for?
SVP stands for Specific Vocational Preparation (Department of Labor)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SVP
We have 168 other meanings of SVP in our Acronym Attic
- Software Validation Plan
- Software Validation Protocol
- Software Verification Plan
- soil and vent pipe
- Sony Vegas Pro
- Sound Velocity Profile
- Southern Tyrols People's Party (Italy)
- Special Vehicle Program (Ford Motor Co.)
- Special Visibility Program
- Specific Vocational Preparation
- SpectraLink Voice Priority
- Spontaneous Venous Pulsation
- St Vincent de Paul
- Stable Value Protection
- Standardized VCR (Voluntary Compliance Resolution) Procedure (US IRS)
- Static-Classification Value Predictor
- Stored Value Product
- Strategic Value Partners (various locations)
- Stream Valley Park
- Stress Volume Performance
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most important change in the revised DOT is the addition to each definition of a profile indicating such characteristics as the Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) required for the occupation.
The Requirements button brings up a screen containing the Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP), General Educational Development (GED), Aptitudes, Physical Demand, Environment, Situations, and Data, People, Things factors.