It will be sold in the same form in 40 countries worldwide and has been designed in close collaboration between Ford Team RS in Europe and the Special Vehicles Team in the United States, as part of the company's new "One Ford" approach.
What does SVT stand for?
SVT stands for Special Vehicles Team (Ford)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SVT
We have 90 other meanings of SVT in our Acronym Attic
- Single Version of the Truth
- Single-Visit Training
- Sinus Venous Thrombosis (medical condition)
- Sinus Ventricular Tachycardia (heart disorder)
- Site Verification Team
- Snoqualmie Valley Transportation (King County, WA)
- Society of Vascular Technology
- Software Verification Test
- Solid Vinyl Tile (flooring)
- Soqosoqo ni Vakavulewa ni Taukei (Fijian political party)
- Specialistes en Valeur du Tresor (18 primary dealers of French government bonds)
- Specimen Validity Test
- Stolen Vehicle Tracking
- Stress and Volume Testing
- Sturtevant (Amtrak station code; Sturtevant, WI)
- Subscriber Voice Terminal
- Super Valve Technology (Ampeg)
- Superficial Vein Thrombosis (disease)
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Survivors of Violence and Torture (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Launch control is essentially a special mode of the traction control system that integrates the brake and engine management systems to keep the tyres balanced on the peak of the mu-slip curve in order to achieve maximum thrust," explained John Pfeiffer, senior engineer at Ford's Special Vehicles Team (SVT).
It will be sold in the same form in 40 countries worldwide and has been designed in close collaboration between Ford Team RS in Europe and the Special Vehicles Team in the United States as part of the company's new "One Ford" approach to manufacturing.
It took about 500 man hours to build and Special Vehicles team leader Adrian Wilcox estimates that the model, which is set to be housed in Land Rover's museum, is worth about pounds 100,000.
By running it through their Special Vehicles Team, Ford created the SVT Contour.
A result of the combined efforts of Ford Team RS in Europe and the Special Vehicles team in the United States, this is also Ford's first global performance car - to be made available in 40 countries with only minimal changes, due to regional legislation.