The PM's Group on Universal Nuclear Disarmament was set up in October 2010 on the guidelines of the "Rajiv Gandhi Action Plan, 1988", presented by former PM (Rajiv Gandhi) to the Third Special Session on Disarmament of the UN General Assembly in June 1988.
What does SSOD stand for?
SSOD stands for Special Session on Disarmament
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SSOD
We have 4 other meanings of SSOD in our Acronym Attic
- School Survey on Crime & Safety (US Department of Education)
- Super Secret Out of Combat System (gaming)
- Science Sessions OnDemand
- Seabed Shut Off Device (ocean oil drilling)
- Senior Staff on Duty (UK)
- Shockwave Site of the Day
- Single Speed or Death (mountain bike club; Louisiana)
- Single Stroke Open Die
- Sorenson School of Dance
- South Side or Die
- Subsea Shut Off Device (ocean oil drilling)
- Sunken Sidecar of Doom
- SuperStars On Deck
- Special Sex Offender Disposition Alternative (program for jail avoidance for sex offenders)
- Single Sign-On Database
- Space Station Operations Data Book
- Secret Society of Dirty Sisters (eBay group)
- Samborn, Steketee, Otis & Evans
- Schaefer School of Engineering (Stevens Institute of Technology; Hoboken, NJ)
- Schools Standard Operating Environment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Morocco is "deeply convinced" that time is up to hold a fourth special session on disarmament, Fassi Fihri added, saying that chances are abundant to launch a "franc and courageous" dialogue on the reform of the international disarmament system with a view of preserving the world's peace and security.
The first is the 30th anniversary of the First Special Session on Disarmament of the UN General Assembly, possibly the highest point of consensus and vision ever achieved in multilateral disarmament diplomacy, which created the Conference on Disarmament we have today and set out its ten-part agenda.