New Delhi, April 23 ( ANI ): The Asian Centre for Human Rights (ACHR) in its submission to visiting United Nations Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women, Rashida Manjoo, in New Delhi today, urged the Rapporteur to address custodial violence against women and girl children.
What does SRVAW stand for?
SRVAW stands for Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Store Receipt Voucher
- Strasbourg Roller Vitesse (French: Strasbourg Speed Skating; Strasbourg, France)
- Submarine Rescue Vehicle
- Submersible Rescue Vehicle
- Surveillance Restoral Vehicle
- System Requirement Verification (design phase)
- Sleep Related Vehicle Accidents (UK)
- Southern Region Volleyball Association (various locations)
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam Air Force
- San Ramon Valley Bible Church (California)
- Snake River Valley Building Contractors Association (Nampa, ID)
- San Ramon Valley Campus (Diablo Valley Community College, California)
- Sanford Regional Vocational Center (Sanford, Maine)
- Semantic Robot Vision Challenge (research competition)
- Snake River Veterinary Center (Fruitland, ID)
- Society for Rehabilitation of the Visually Challenged (India)
- Southwestern Regional Volleyball Camp
- San Ramon Valley Christian Academy (Davnille, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
United Nations Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women to Receive Inaugural William McKinley Award for Good Governance ALBANY, N.
The office revealed that this was contained in the report to the Human Rights Council by Rashida Manjoo, the UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences.
From the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), General Recommendation 19 on violence against women views gender based violence as a form of discrimination that is a serious obstacle in enjoying human rights and fundamental freedoms (UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women, Its Causes and Consequences, 2009).
Reference United Nations Special Rapporteur on Violence Against women.
In her preface to the book, Yakm Ertfirk, Professor of Sociology at Ankara's Middle East Technical University and UN Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women, writes: "Throughout the centuries of human conflict, armies have sexually abused and enslaved women and girls with complete impunity, in what some may have seen as the natural process of war; but the tide is turning.
Women from 18 different countries in the region attended a four-day consultation with the UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women, Dr Yakin Erturk, on 25-28 July 2004 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Clearly, the rate of femicide is increasing, and the women's movement has undertaken a wide range of public actions to denounce this situation, like calling for a visit by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and the Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women.