Originally from Trawsfynydd, Dorothy taught at Ysgol Glan Clwyd, St Asaph, for many years, becoming head of the Special Needs Unit.
What does SNU stand for?
SNU stands for Special Needs Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SNU
We have 26 other meanings of SNU in our Acronym Attic
- Sea Nettle Jellyfish Toxin
- Stonefish Toxin (venom)
- Saya No Uta (Japanese visual novel)
- Seoul National University
- Shanxi Normal University (China)
- Sigma Nu (fraternity)
- Skilled Nursing Unit (hospitals and nursing homes)
- Slide Not Used
- Solar Neutrino Units
- Southern Nazarene University
- Spiritualists' National Union (UK)
- Surname Unknown (genealogy)
- Système des Nations Unies (French: UN System; Côte d'Ivoire)
- What's New? (slang)
- Seoul National University Alumni
- Sistemul National Unic Pentru Apeluri de Urgenta (Romanian: Unique National System for Emergency Calls)
- Say No to Unwanted Bags (UK)
- Seoul National University Bundang Hospital
- Sinonasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma
- Student Nurses of Ursuline College (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The development consists of the construction of two sixteen classroom primary schools each with a special needs unit, a public library, shared general purpose hall and community facilities, on a 5 acre site, located in the townland of carrickphierish, in the northwest suburbs of waterford city.
The charity hopes that this year it can support even more children including those in refuges, hospitals, hospices and special needs units throughout the region.
The most helpful bit of advice came early on, from a nurse in the special needs unit.
Alternatively, transport to and from special needs units could be reviewed along with the use of taxis to take pupils home from behavioural units.
The training class consists of 80 hours of instruction followed by 60 days of on-the-job training in each facility's special needs unit (SNU).
A $232,667 grant from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was received last year to replace stoves and refrigerators, and for paving and sidewalk repairs in its public housing projects, which consist of 242 public units, 167 elderly units, 24 family units and eight special needs units.
Glenda Lynette Partridge, who supervised the special needs unit at Pwll County School in Llanelli, would put children on running machines at "high speeds", subject them to distressing images and deny them food if they misbehaved, former colleagues told the General Teaching Council of Wales committee last month.