Other features of the DP3 Merrill include: * A unique, dual, Three-layer Responsive Ultimate Engine (TRUE) II image processing engine, which is dedicated to Foveon X3 direct image sensors to improve the processing speed and overall quality of the final image, and provide high-resolution power * The use of Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass that is accompanied by aspherical lens elements to compensate for a variety of aberrations and allow for a more compact size.
What does SLD stand for?
SLD stands for Special Low Dispersion (glass)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SLD
We have 164 other meanings of SLD in our Acronym Attic
- SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) Large Detector (experimental particle physics)
- Slavic Language Division (ATA)
- Sliding Door
- Slow Learning Disability
- Slow Long Distance (training method)
- Social and Liberal Democrats (UK political party)
- Sojusz Lewicy Demokratycznej (Democratic Left Alliance, Poland)
- Sonic Layer Depth
- Source-Level Debugger
- Special Learning Disability
- Specific Language Disability (Dyslexia)
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Specific Learning Disorder
- Speed Limiting Device (automotive; India)
- Spiritual Life Director
- Squad Leader Display
- Square Law Distortion
- Stags Leap District (California)
- Start of Layer Data
- State Laboratories Division (Department of Health; Hawaii)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sigma's unique OS system, as well as one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass and three aspherical lens glasses, compensate for camera shake and enable correction of color aberration, respectively.
3 II DC OS HSM includes Sigma's new "F" Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements, which significantly improve lens performance and complement the lens' additional Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements and aspherical lenses to provide excellent correction of color aberration.