The Unlisted Investment Policy makes provision for an establishment of special investment vehicles (SPV) in the form of Bewind Trusts.
What does SIV stand for?
SIV stands for Special Investment Vehicle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SIV
We have 77 other meanings of SIV in our Acronym Attic
- Simulation d'Incident en Vol (French: Simulated Incidence in Flight; paragliding)
- Site Initiation Visit
- Situs Inversus Viscerum
- Small Islands Voice
- Société Industrielle de Vitrines (French metalwork company)
- Sorry I Vanished (chat)
- Sound in Video
- Speaker Identification and Verification (speech recognition)
- Special Immigrant Visa (US State Department)
- Special Interest Vessel (US DoD)
- Speed Increase Valve
- Structured Investment Vehicle
- Suporte Imediato de Vida (Portuguese: Immediate Life Support)
- Swine Influenza Virus
- Sykehuset I Vestfold (Norwegian hospital)
- System Information Viewer
- System Integration Van/Vehicle
- Système d'Immatriculation des Véhicules (French: Vehicle Registration System)
- Software Independent Verification and Validation
- Si Vales Gaudeo (Latin: I Am Glad If You Are Well, codices and manuscripts)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Switzerland said it was looking at participating in the EU bailout fund via a special investment vehicle, although the idea could run into domestic opposition given the country's euroskeptical nature.
That means firms like Goldman Sachs can potentially skirt public disclosure rules through the use of a special investment vehicle.
NBAD denied of having any direct exposure to collaterised debt obligations (CDO), special investment vehicles (SIV) or the US sub-prime market.
Fortis, which over-reached itself by paying €24bn for key parts of Dutch rival ABN Amro last year, has shrunk to an international insurance business, including operations in the UK, and a package of risky structured products - some of which are being parked in a special investment vehicle (SIV).
The current sub-prime, special investment vehicle, hedge fund liquidity crisis again shows us why the SEC's focus on increased regulatory oversight of the municipal bond market is misplaced.
The bank had also said that it would write down its investments in special investment vehicles completely.
Jon Kutler of Quarterdeck Investment in Los Angeles explained that Rockwell used a special investment vehicle called a ``Morris trust'' to finance the sale.