Torture charge He said Azad and Sahdev were picked up some time yesterday and were taken to Adilabad district by the Special Investigations Bureau of Andhra Pradesh.
What does SIB stand for?
SIB stands for Special Investigations Bureau (law enforcement)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIB
We have 204 other meanings of SIB in our Acronym Attic
- Società Italiana Brevetti
- Società Italiana di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare (Italian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
- Société Internationale du Bangladesh (French: International Society for Bangladesh; Canada)
- Société Ivoirienne de Banque (Abidjan, Ivory Coast)
- Soft Inflatable Boat
- Software Implementation Board
- Software Information Base
- South Indian Bank
- Special Intelligence Brief
- Special Intelligence Bureau (Melbourne, Australia)
- Specialist Insurance Brokers (UK)
- Sports Injury Bulletin (UK)
- Staff Information/Briefing (sheet)
- Standard Iron Bar
- Stanley International Betting (sports betting; various locations)
- State Infrastructure Bank
- State Investment Board
- Statistical Institute of Belize (est. 2007)
- Stay in Business
- Sterling Information Broker (Sterling Commerce)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tactical, technical, and emergency services units, as well as the Special Investigations Bureau (SIB), work closely with the HNT providing logistical and electronic support for training exercises.
Red Cap stars Tamzin Outhwaite as tough- talking Sgt Jo McDonagh, from the Special Investigations Bureau.
The former sheriff's station now houses detectives from the Juvenile Investigations Bureau, Forgery/Fraud Detail, Arson/Explosives Detail, Homicide Bureau and Special Investigations Bureau.
The latest criminal charges stem from a 2-1/2-year investigation by the vice detail of the Sheriff's Department's Special Investigations Bureau that included a massive raid back in 1994.