The 2002 Gujarat riots case has once gain grabbed the headlines as a victim of the communal riots, Jakia Zafri filed protest petition against the special investigation team (SIT), giving clean chit to chief minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi and others, in a court.
What does SIT stand for?
SIT stands for Special Investigation Team (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIT
We have 236 other meanings of SIT in our Acronym Attic
- Société Industrielle de Transformateurs (French: Industrial Transformer Company)
- Software Integration Test
- Software/Hardware Integration
- Somewhere in Time (Iron Maiden album)
- Southbank Institute of Technology (Australia)
- Spaceborne Infrared Tracker
- Spacecraft Interface Test
- Speak in Tongues
- Special Information Tone(s)
- Special Interest Target (US DoD)
- Specific Immunotherapy
- Spectrum Information Technologies
- Spontaneous Ignition Temperature
- Sprint in Touch
- Squadron Integration Training (US DoD)
- Standard Infiltration Tactics (Tom Clancy)
- State Income Tax
- Statement of Inventory Transaction
- Static Induction Transistor
- Stationary Infantry Target (US Army training)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Moreover, special investigation teams would be constituted to probe into pending cases of targeted killings of police officers and cops.
A special investigation team has been set up to probe the riot, according to the statement.
New Delhi: A Supreme Court bench yesterday referred to a larger bench the plea of slain Congress leader Ehsan Jafri's widow seeking documents on probe by Special Investigation Team (SIT) into the Gulburg Housing Society riot case in Ahmedabad in 2002.
CPM general secretary Prakash Karat said the findings of the Kerala special investigation team looking into the Chandraskeharan murder case should submit its report before the court.
The UK Border Agency's special investigation team burst in to prevent two weddings which involved men living in this country illegally.
A special investigation team from the US-led United Nations Command, which supervises the armistice in place since the 1950-53 Korean War used "appeasement and deception" to try to force members of the group to defect, in an attempt to fuel cross-border tensions.
KARACHI, June 22 -- The Special Investigation Team (SIT) has detained Muhammad Zaheer alias Zaheera for affiliation with the drug mafia and land mafia and committing several murders since 2006.