And finally, under the current system special interest groups still spend millions on campaigns, but under ‘Clean Money, Clean Elections’ these same special interest groups have no special access or influence.
What does SIG stand for?
SIG stands for Special Interest Group
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIG
We have 199 other meanings of SIG in our Acronym Attic
- Single Instant Game
- Sistema de Información Geográfica (Spanish)
- Site Integration Group
- Small Inducible Gene (inflammatory response)
- SMDS Interest Group
- Social Issues Group (Malaysia)
- Softgoal Interdependency Graph
- Software Installation Guide (instructions)
- Solomon Islands Government
- Southern Indiana Gas and Electric Company
- Special Investigation Group (various locations)
- Specific Industry Group
- Spectrum Is Green (from the TV Series, Captain Scarlet)
- SSDS Interface Gateway
- Staff Involvement Group (UK NHS)
- Stamford Industrial Group (Stamford, CT)
- Standardized Information Gathering (questionnaire)
- State Innovation Grant (US EPA)
- Strategic Initiatives Group (USMC)
- Strategic Integration Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
OSLO, Norway, October 18 /PRNewswire/ -- - Government, Businesses and Educational Organizations Gather to Advance the Deployment of Open, Privacy-Respecting and Secure Identity Management Solutions Liberty Alliance, the global identity consortium working to build a more trusted Internet for consumers, governments and businesses worldwide, today announced the launch of a new special interest group formed to help facilitate the deployment of open and interoperable identity management solutions across industries in Norway.
Terry also examines the context in which American foreign policy is shaped, from the impact of popular culture to the power of certain ethnic special interest groups such as Jewish American organizations.
Moreover, LEO Special Interest Groups (LEOSIGs) serve to connect users with common interests or goals.
PCI-SIG[R], the Special Interest Group responsible for PCI Express[R] industry-standard I/O technology, today announced the availability of the PCI Express External Cabling 1.
Special interest groups with various social agendas are hovering around Littleton like vultures.
PCI-SIG[R], the Special Interest Group responsible for PCI Express[R] industry-standard I/O technology, today announced the availability of the PCI Express Base 2.
With few exceptions, it is only special interest groups that have the means to bring an initiative to the ballot.