Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) John Sopko said: "The purpose of this identification was to place Department of Defense Heads of Contracting Activities (HCAs) on notice that they should take action to restrict the award of, terminate for default, or void in whole or part as contrary to public policy, any contract, grant or cooperative agreement with these 20 individuals and entities.
What does SIGAR stand for?
SIGAR stands for Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIGAR
- Significant Activities (US Army)
- SIGINT (Signals Intelligence) Activity Designator
- Signals Intelligence Activity Designator
- Special Interest Group On Ada
- Sistema de Gestión y Análisis de la Deuda (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development)
- Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence (India)
- Special Interest Group on Algorithms
- Surrey Investigation Group on Aerial Phenomena (UK)
- Special Interest Group on the APL Programming Language (ACM)
- Special Interest Group on Applied Computing (ACM)
- Special Interest Group on Adverse Reactions (Association of Information Officers in the Pharmaceutical Industry; UK)
- Special Interest Group on Computer Architecture (ACM)
- Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence (ACM)
- Strategic Information Group on Adult Social Care (UK)
- Snowsports Industries Great Britain
- Système Intégré de Gestion de Bibliothèque
- Sierra Green Building Association
- Special Interest Group on Business Data Processing
- Special Interest Group on Embedded Systems (ACM)
- Soroptimist International of Great Britain and Ireland (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) -- meant to be an independent agency in the U.
Herbert Richardson , acting special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction (SIGAR), said he will take a job in the private sector after he leaves his government post on September 2.
Meanwhile, an audit report released on Tuesday by Arnold Fields, the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), concluded that the so-called "civilian surge" to carry out development work and improve the country's administration.
A succession of critical reports since then from the United States Agency for International Development, Government Accountability Office and Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction describe shockingly weak United Nations oversight of aid-financed projects in Afghanistan, telling of defective work and unexplained transfers of funds.
The Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, a US government watchdog, said in a December report the office was hamstrung by a lack of trained staff, enforcement powers and independence.
0 million is for the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction.
The report by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction said the effect of massive US funding was jeopardized by a lack of financial controls as well as a deep reluctance by Afghan authorities to prosecute government's regulation of commercial banks and informal hawala financial networks.