Hanley said Baker gave an exceptional presentation to Locally Employed Staff on the Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) program for USG employees; she later worked in the consular section and traveled with the public affairs section on a Ramadan outreach program.
What does SIV stand for?
SIV stands for Special Immigrant Visa (US State Department)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SIV
We have 77 other meanings of SIV in our Acronym Attic
- Silo Interface Vault (missile defense)
- Simian Immunodeficiency Virus
- Simulation d'Incident en Vol (French: Simulated Incidence in Flight; paragliding)
- Site Initiation Visit
- Situs Inversus Viscerum
- Small Islands Voice
- Société Industrielle de Vitrines (French metalwork company)
- Sorry I Vanished (chat)
- Sound in Video
- Speaker Identification and Verification (speech recognition)
- Special Interest Vessel (US DoD)
- Special Investment Vehicle
- Speed Increase Valve
- Structured Investment Vehicle
- Suporte Imediato de Vida (Portuguese: Immediate Life Support)
- Swine Influenza Virus
- Sykehuset I Vestfold (Norwegian hospital)
- System Information Viewer
- System Integration Van/Vehicle
- Système d'Immatriculation des Véhicules (French: Vehicle Registration System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Congress should also pass a bill sponsored by Republican Gordon Smith and Democrat Edward Kennedy that would raise the number of special immigrant visas available for Iraqis and Afghans who have worked for the United States from 500 to 5,000 a year for the next five years.
Bush administration officials are considering legislation that would allow special immigrant visas for Iraqis who have been singled out as collaborators for working with or associating with Americans.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The weekend featured lessons on vocabulary, nonimmigrant visa interviews, immigrant and Iraqi Special Immigrant Visa interviews, in-office ACS appointments and practice in taking ACS emergency phone calls.