London Borough of Newham Children~s Social Care and Safeguarding Service require Carer Assessments to be undertaken for Adoption, Fostering, Friends & Family and Special Guardianship Orders to ensure our Looked After Children are placed with suitable families.
What does SGO stand for?
SGO stands for Special Guardianship Order (legal order; UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SGO
We have 37 other meanings of SGO in our Acronym Attic
- Steve Gold New York (marketing and production company)
- Office of the Secretary General
- Sacred Ground Outreach (Siletz, OR)
- Second Generation Outsourcing
- Senior Government Official
- Sex, Gender, Orientation
- Silicon Graphics Onyx
- Single Generator Operation
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- Solid Grade Oligomer (chemistry)
- St George, Queensland, Australia - St George (Airport Code)
- Stained Glass Overlay, Inc.
- Standard Garrison Organization
- Statement of Government Operations
- Student Government Organization
- Stuff Going On (polite form)
- Surgeon General's Office
- Sweat Output per Gland
- Slovak Gas and Oil Association (Slovakia)
- State Games of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ms Brown has been with the firm for more than three years and is experienced in Residence and Special Guardianship Orders and attending meetings with the local authorities on behalf of parents.
The assessing social worker was positive about the care that Mr and Mrs B could offer, but raised concerns about the family dynamics and concluded that she could not recommend placement under a special guardianship order unless Mr and Mrs B were prepared to move house, away from the area in which the parents and extended family lived.
The mother opposed the application, suggesting that a special guardianship order (SGO) would be more appropriate.
In 2010 Bournemouth Council reduced the allowance by 10% because it claimed 'the task of being a foster carer is different to that of parenting a child by means of a special guardianship order.
The court made special guardianship orders in respect of the children to both sets of grandparents.
At the end of care proceedings she was awarded a Special Guardianship Order - but with a financial allowance based on two-thirds of the fostering allowance and with further deductions made.
His mother was involved in an abusive relationship with his father and the grandmother obtained a special guardianship order in August 2006.