Often referred to as the Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta Unit (SFOD-D), the Delta Force are highly trained soldiers specializing in counter-terrorism missions, including hostage rescue, reconnaissance and barricade operations.
What does SFOD stand for?
SFOD stands for Special Forces Operational Detachment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SFOD
We have 2 other meanings of SFOD in our Acronym Attic
- Stick Figures On Crack (Youtube series)
- StreetFighters Owners Club (online community)
- Submarine Fiber Optics Cable
- Single Fiber-Optic Cable Assembly
- San Francisco Outrigger Canoe Club (California)
- School Fiscal Officers' Certification Program
- Swiss Federal Office for Civil Protection
- Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science
- Short Form Offering Document (finance)
- Space Flight Operations Director (US NASA)
- Special Forces Operational Detachment-A, B, C, D
- 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta (US Army)
- Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta
- Special Forces Operational Detachment - Alpha
- Spaceborne Fiber Optic Data Bus
- Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta (US Army)
- Société Française d'Orthopédie Dento-Faciale
- Swiss Federal Office of Energy (Switzerland)
- Summary Filled Order/Expenditure Difference Listing
- Salem Friends of Felines (Oregon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although a vehicle mechanic is absolutely necessary to keep an Army Special Forces operational detachment alpha (ODA) in the fight, not just any vehicle mechanic will be able to provide the level of support needed.
Green Beret warrant officers serve as assistant detachment commanders on Special Forces Operational Detachments, and in the absence of a captain, the team leader.
Other special operations forces missions include counter-proliferation, information operations, combat search and rescue, counterdrug activities, security assistance, humanitarian assistance, humanitarian demming and special activities Delta Farce: Although not officially identified by the Defense Department, the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta (SFOD-D), or Delta Force, is known as the nation's foremost counter-terrorist strike force.
When America's Army: Special Forces is fully deployed by the winter of 2003, gameplay will culminate with missions that span the capabilities of a Special Forces Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) to include combat search and rescue (CSAR, to be debuted at E3), direct action, surveillance and reconnaissance, and unconventional warfare.
About Delta Force(R) Black Hawk Down(R): Team Sabre(TM) A squad-based shooter gives players the chance to lead the elite Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta, commonly known as Delta Force (or simply "the unit").
Army's elite anti- terrorist unit, Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta -- better known as Delta Force.
Army's elite anti-terrorist unit, Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta -- better known as Delta Force.