Expect another Special Election Period for plan closures and service area reductions, which could jump start sales in mid-September.
What does SEP stand for?
SEP stands for Special Election Period (US Medicare)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SEP
We have 443 other meanings of SEP in our Acronym Attic
- Somebody Else's Problem (Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Triology)
- Somebody's Elses Problem
- Someone Else's Problem
- SOSUS Estimated Position
- Sound Engineering Practice(s)
- Source Evaluation Panel (US NRC)
- South End Press
- Southeast Europe Project (Woodrow Wilson Center)
- Spanning Explorer Packet (Cisco)
- Special Education Program (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CMS helped beneficiaries who experienced inappropriate marketing by providing special election periods (SEP) through which beneficiaries could disenroll from their MA plan and enroll in new coverage without waiting for the twice yearly regular enrollment periods.
Additionally, it contains a special election period for those who would be an AEI but weren't on COBRA as of Feb.