The Special Court for Sierra Leone which is based at the Dutch city of The Hague found Tayor gulty of "aiding and abetting, as well as planning, some of the most heinous and brutal crimes recorded in human history" during the 1991-2002 civil war in Sierra Leone.
What does SCSL stand for?
SCSL stands for Special Court for Sierra Leone (UN)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCSL
We have 22 other meanings of SCSL in our Acronym Attic
- Southern California Surveyors Joint Apprenticeship Committee
- Society of Cosmetic Scientists of Korea
- Southern California Sumo Kyokai (est. 1997)
- Southern California Sport Kite League
- Satyam Computer Services Limited (Secunderabad, India)
- Scientific Computing Software Library (Silicon Graphics, Inc.)
- Secure Computing and Simulation Laboratory
- South Carolina School of Leadership (Columbia, SC)
- South Carolina State Library (Columbia, SC)
- South Coast Soccer League (Massachusetts)
- Steuben County Swim League (New York state)
- Stratocumulus Standing Lenticular (cloud)
- Sun Community Source Licensing (Sun)
- Supply Chain Systems Laboratory (College Station, Texas)
- South Carolina Student Loan Corporation
- Société Canadienne de Science de Laboratoire Médical (French: Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science)
- Serbian Conference on Spectral Line Shapes in Astrophysics
- Seattle Commission for Sexual Minorities
- Senior Certified Shopping Center Manager
- South Charleston Stamping and Machine (metal stamping plant; WV, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In April, judges at the Special Court for Sierra Leone found Taylor guilty of 11 counts of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
The members of the Security Council welcome the issuance of the verdict of the Special Court for Sierra Leone in the trial of Charles Taylor, former president of Liberia, which found him guilty of aiding and abetting and planning crimes against humanity, war crimes and other serious violations of international humanitarian law during Sierra Leone's civil war," said the press statement.
is being followed closely and we still continue to wait anxiously for the verdict," Vice President Sam Sumana said of the trial at the Special Court for Sierra Leone (RUF) in exchange for illegally mined so-called "blood diamonds".
Taylor is on trial at the Special Court for Sierra Leone, seated at the International Criminal Court (ICC, it is "imperative the international community prevents the Taylor trial from being suspended due to lack of financial resources.
Neil Wallis of The Outside Organisation said most journalists who covered the supermodel's testimony last Thursday at the UN-backed Special Court for Sierra Leone thought "she had come across well, as honest and persuasive".
Charles Taylor, charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity, is set to take the stand at the Special Court for Sierra Leone in The Hague for the first time on Tuesday.
Taylor, wearing a grey double-breasted suit and tie, sat flanked by two UN guards in a courtroom of the International Criminal Court being rented by the Special Court for Sierra Leone.