The topics include vibrational spectroscopy sampling techniques, the forensic analysis of hair by infrared spectroscopy, the non-invasive detection of concealed liquids and powder explosives using spatially offset Raman spectroscopy, studying manuscripts by vibrational spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy of ceramics and glasses, and infrared spectroscopy for detecting adulteration in foods.
What does SORS stand for?
SORS stands for Spatially Offset Raman Spectroscopy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SORS
We have 14 other meanings of SORS in our Acronym Attic
- Systems Operational Readiness Review
- Somali Relief and Rehabilitation Association
- Sydney Off Road Racing Association (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
- Sex Offender Registration Review Board (Georgia)
- Sex Offender Risk Reduction Center (est. 1995; Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction)
- Software Reuse Repository Lab
- Scottish Organisation Relating to the Retention of Organs (Scotland)
- Sequential Occupancy Release System (Bay Area Rapid Transit Authority)
- SIGINT Overhead Reconnaissance Subcommittee
- Small Object Recovery System
- Spilled Oil Recovery System
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Shanghai Overseas Returned Scholars Association (China)
- Spatially-Oriented Referencing Systems Association (professional organization)
- Special Operations Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) Support Element
- Sacro Occipital Research Society International
- Sacro Occipital Resource Society International
- Solution Oriented Research for Science and Technology (Japan)
- Saving Our Resources Today (Clinton, NJ)
- Seniors Organized to Restore Trust
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system, dubbed spatially offset raman spectroscopy, shines the near-infrared laser into the bottle at several points.