Spaceweek International Association (SIA) is partnering with TerreStar Networks and Zero Gravity Corporation to send Felix, age 17, on The ZERO-G Experience(TM) as the inaugural flight of the World Space Week Youth Inspiration Program to inspire students to learn and promote international understanding.
What does SIA stand for?
SIA stands for Spaceweek International Association
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIA
We have 351 other meanings of SIA in our Acronym Attic
- Société des Ingénieurs de l'Automobile (French: Society of Automotive Engineers)
- Société Suisse des Ingénieurs et des Architectes
- Society for Industrial Archeology
- SOCO International Plc (UK)
- Soldiers in Arms (gaming clan)
- Solutions for Intelligence Analysis (various organizations)
- Solvents Industry Association (London, UK)
- Soroptimists International of the Americas
- Sorry I Asked (chat)
- Sorry in Advance
- Special Intelligence Australia
- Special Interest Alien
- Special Interface Adapter
- Specialized Individual Assistance
- Spinal Injury Association (various locations)
- Spokane International Airport
- Sport Industry Awards (UK)
- Stable Implementation Agreements (Bellcore)
- Stable Isotope Analysis (biology)
- Staffing Industry Analysts, Inc. (Los Altos, California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
LOS ANGELES -- Entertainer and Certified Cosmonaut Launches Annual Space Celebration with Debut of Global Space Competition for Youth; Joins Prominent Space Advocacy Group Spaceweek International Association today announced that *NSYNC member and World Space Week Youth Spokesman Lance Bass will visit public schools in and around Los Angeles during World Space Week 2004 (October 4 - 10), speaking with students about space exploration and why science and math are critical keys to their future.
Declared in 1999 by the UN General Assembly, World Space Week marks the anniversary of two great milestones of humanity's expansion into space: -- 4 October 1957 -- Date of the launch into outer space of the first human-made Earth satellite, SPUTNIK I, thus opening the way for space exploration; -- 10 October 1967 -- Date of the entry into force of the Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies Founded in 1981, Spaceweek International Association (SIA) is a non-profit organization that proudly supports the United Nations in the global coordination of World Space Week.