Navy fighter pilot, who has commanded four of his five space missions and attended renowned Navy Fighter Weapons School "Topgun"; * Rhea Seddon - One of the first six women to enter NASA's astronaut program; Mission Specialist on the first Shuttle flight dedicated entirely to life sciences and oversaw all science activities on Spacelab Life Sciences 2; and * Christopher M.
What does SLS stand for?
SLS stands for Spacelab Life Sciences
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SLS
We have 383 other meanings of SLS in our Acronym Attic
- Sjogren-Larsson Syndrome
- Slovenska Ljudska Stranka (Slovene People's Party, Slovenia)
- Société de Livraison Spécialisée (French: Specialized Shipping Company)
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society of Legal Scholars (UK and Ireland)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (foaming ingredient)
- Softlanding Linux System
- Sonobuoy Localization System
- Space Launch Squadron
- Space Life Sciences Lab (NASA; formerly Space Experiment Research and Processing Laboratory
- Spam Lookup Service
- Special Liquidity Scheme (Bank of England)
- Special Litigation Section (US DOJ)
- Specialist in Laboratory Safety
- Speech and Language Sciences
- Speech Level Singing (vocal training)
- Spoken Language System
- Sport and Leisure Studies (various schools)
- SprintLink Services
- Squadron Leadership School
Samples in periodicals archive:
21 /PRNewswire/ -- KRUG International (NASDAQ-NMS: KRUG) reported today that its Texas-based subsidiary, KRUG Life Sciences, developed many projects for NASA's Spacelab Life Sciences mission which is aboard the shuttle Columbia, presently orbiting the Earth.
NASA's first Spacelab Life Sciences mission (SLS-1) carried 18 investigations into orbit for a nine-day flight in June 1991.