Similarly, a space-based interceptor layer would enable a global on-call missile defense capability and a timely response to rapidly evolving threats, even threats emanating from unpredicted locations with very different azimuths from those we plan to be able to defeat today.
What does SBI stand for?
SBI stands for Space-Based Interceptor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SBI
We have 316 other meanings of SBI in our Acronym Attic
- Smart Bomb Interactive (video game developer; Salt Lake City, UT)
- Smith Bagley, Inc. (New Mexico)
- Sociedade Brasileira de Imunologia
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Solutions Backwards Initiative (Year Zero alternate reality game)
- Solutions for Business Intelligence (software)
- Sound Blaster Instrument
- South Bend, Indiana
- South-Bound Interface
- Sovereign Bancorp, Inc. (Pennsylvania)
- Spare Backup, Inc. (Minden, NV)
- Special Background Investigation
- Specialist in Business Information
- Sports Business Initiative (various organizations)
- Sports Business Institute (University of Southern California)
- Spread-Betting Index
- Spring Bible Institute
- Springfield Business Incubator (Springfield Technical Community College; Massachusetts)
- St. Brendan's Isle Mail Forwarding Service
- Standards-Based Instruction (education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The accomplishments of this program, along with earlier work on HIT, provided a strong technology base for the space-based interceptor programs pursued under SDI.
In contrast, space-based interceptors (formerly known as "Brilliant Pebbles") and space-based lasers offer global protection against accidental and unauthorized ICBM launches.