Space Telescope Science Institute Symposium (2006: Baltimore, Maryland) Ed.
What does STSI stand for?
STSI stands for Space Telescope Science Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of STSI
We have 33 other meanings of STSI in our Acronym Attic
- Screening Test of Spanish Grammar (speech and hearing disorders)
- Spine Trauma Study Group (medicine)
- Split Thickness Skin Graft
- Stochastic Tree Substitution Grammar (computer science)
- Samenwerkingsverband Tegen Seksueel Geweld Groningen (Dutch: Group against Sexual Violence Groningen; Netherlands)
- Sensitive Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- String Shot (oil exploration)
- Super Train Station H (artist and internet personality)
- Scalable Time-Slot Interchanger
- Scripps Translational Science Institute (La Jolla, CA)
- State Table Size Index
- Surface Transportation Security Inspection (US TSA)
- Sustav Tehnickih Servisa Inc (Croatian engineering company)
- Sampling Theory in Signal and Image Processing (publication)
- Surface Transportation Security Inspection Program (US Transportation Security Administration)
- Sea Turtle Survival League
- Short-Term Selected Line (animal genes)
- Siemens Transportation Systems Limited (UK)
- Solidarity Trust Services Limited (Jersey Channel Islands)
- Spanco Telesystems and Solutions, Ltd. (Mumbai, India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA astronaut John Grunsfeld, who participated in three spaceflights to service the Hubble Space Telescope, is leaving the agency to become the deputy director of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore.
At a meeting last week at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, astrophysicists cited several projects that they'd like to see installed on the moon's surface or in lunar orbit.
The detection of the luminous star, about 25,000 light-years from Earth in the direction of the constellation Sagittarius, was announced Tuesday by the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore and the University of California at Los Angeles.
NASA's Hubble Space Telescope is a cooperative program with the European Space Agency and is operated by the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore.
A collision of galaxies might also create shock waves that speed the rate at which white dwarfs steal material from a companion, suggests Mario Livio of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore.
Williams, director of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, said this narrow segment of space "will become the most intensively studied region in the sky in the coming decade.
Rockwell Scientific Company LLC (RSC) announced today that RSC scientists James Garnett, Markus Loose, and Majid Zandian, along with team members from the University of Hawaii, NASA Ames Research Center, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, and the Space Telescope Science Institute, have been honored with the prestigious Space Act Award from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Inventions and Contributions Board.