It not only proposes big increases for a number of existing research and development (R&D) programs, but also requests money for several new initiatives --including the creation of five to 10 interdisciplinary basic-science and technology centers, the startup of a $10 million program to apply cellular- and molecular-biology research techniques to plants, and the development of a five-year, $410 million Civil Space Technology Initiative.
What does STI stand for?
STI stands for Space Technology Initiative
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STI
We have 311 other meanings of STI in our Acronym Attic
- Single Table Inheritance
- So That's It?
- Soft Tissue Infection (medicine)
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Software Technology Integration
- Software Technology, Inc.
- Software Testing Institute
- Software Thread Integration (computer programming)
- Sony, Toshiba, IBM (Cell processor alliance)
- Sous-Traitance Industrielle (French: Industrial Subcontracting)
- Spacetech International (Germany)
- Special Technical Instruction (Royal Australian Air Force)
- Specialized Transportation, Inc.
- Spectra Technology Inc.
- Speech Transmission Index
- Spillman Technologies, Inc (public safety software)
- Sports Technology International (various locations)
- Sports Travel International (UK)
- St. Ignance (Amtrak station code; St. Ignance, MI)
- Standard Tape Interface