A merger of the Space Surveillance Center and SPADOC in 1994 resulted in a Space Control Center (SCC).
What does SCC stand for?
SCC stands for Space Control Center
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCC
We have 1277 other meanings of SCC in our Acronym Attic
- Southeast Christian Church (Louisville, KY)
- Southeast Climate Consortium
- Southeastern Community College (Iowa and North Carolina)
- Southern California Campus (Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Southern Catholic College (Georgia)
- Southern Christian College (Philippines)
- Southern City College
- Southern Claims Commission (genealogy research)
- Southern Cross Care (Australia)
- Space Components Coordination Group (European Space Components Information Exchange System)
- Spartan Chemical Company (Maumee, OH)
- Spartanburg Community College (Spartanburg, SC)
- Special Conditions of Contract (various organizations)
- Special Coordination Committee
- Special Criminal Court
- Specialized Commercial Carrier
- Specialized Common Carrier
- Speedway Children's Charities (Bristol, TN)
- Splinter Cell Conviction (video game)
- Spokane Community College
Samples in periodicals archive:
Near-term milestones include collocating the Space Control Center, currently located at Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado, with the Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California; advocating upgrades to improve space situational awareness; and providing the command and control capability that produces timely space effects for combatant commanders.
He stressed that the Air Guard will seek opportunities in areas that are close to existing space control centers, such as Colorado or Florida.