Duson, Metropolitan Atlanta Transit Consultants Sean Gash, Chicago Transit Authority LaShawn Gillespie, Foothill Transit Colin Groth, Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority Brian J.
What does SORTA stand for?
SORTA stands for Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (Cincinnati area bus service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Service Order Routing Technology
- Severe Off-Road Track
- Simulated Optical Range Tester
- Simultaneous Offsetting of Risk Technology (trading)
- Software Optimization and Reuse Technology
- Special Operations & Response Team
- Staff Organizations Round Table (American Library Association)
- Strategic Offensive Reductions Treaty
- Structures for Orbiting Radio Telescope
- Support Operations Review Team
- Spatial Orthogonal-Resource Transmit Diversity
- Shuttle Orbiter Radar Test and Evaluation (NASA)
- Sortie Allotment Message (US DoD)
- Sexual Offender Rehabilitation and Treatment Service (Farmington, MO)
- Ship's Operational Readiness Training Status
- Software Reliability Modeling and Analysis Tool Set
- Southern Oklahoma Rural Transportation System (Durant, OK)
- Status of Resources and Training System (US DoD)
- Sortie Status GUI Application
- Save Our Royal Victoria (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Cincinnati Enquirer reported earlier this month that the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA), which operates the city of Cincinnati's fixed-service Metro bus routes, is seeking grants or private donations to help fund the purchase of up to three diesel-fueled hybrid electric buses.
Believing that increased transit use could improve air quality in the region, the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA) embarked on a innovative effort to use $860,000 of ISTEA Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) funds to improve intermodal transportation and air quality.