Our analysis indicates the number of leatherback turtle nests on this beach has declined 78 percent over the last 27 years," Peter Dutton of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Southwest Fisheries Science Center, said in a press release.
What does SWFSC stand for?
SWFSC stands for Southwest Fisheries Science Center (US NOAA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SWFSC
- Smart Women Finish Rich (book)
- Southwest Florida Research & Education Center (University of Florida)
- Southwest Florida Research Laboratory (University of Florida)
- Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council
- Sierra Wildland Fire Reporting System (USGS)
- South Wales Fire & Rescue Service
- Seafarer's Welfare Fund Society (India)
- Stephen Wise Free Synagogue (New York)
- South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee
- Southern Wisconsin Figure Skating Club (McFarland, WI)
- Sheilah Winn Festival of Shakespeare in Schools (New Zealand)
- Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission
- SUPSHIP (Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion & Repair) Workforce Forecasting Tool (US Navy)
- Southwest Florida Tarantula Society
- Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical System (US Navy)
- Southwest Four Wheel Drive Association
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- Safety/Science/Simulation Working Group
- Scenario Working Group
- Science Working Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Correspondence provided by the National Marine Fisheries Service, Southwest Fisheries Science Center, Santa Cruz, CA.
and Brittany Hancock of the Southwest Fisheries Science Center (National Marine Fisheries Service/National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration); Mads Peter Heide-J?
It is feasible that whales lost the cultural memory of the Alaska and British Columbia feeding destinations as a result of the intensive whaling there," says Jay Barlow of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Southwest Fisheries Science Center in La Jolla, California.
Scott Benson / NMFS Southwest Fisheries Science Center SEA TURTLES Endangered leatherback sea turtles feed off the Oregon Coast.
Special thanks to Morgan Lynn of the Southwest Fisheries Science Center who kept the photographic equipment functioning properly.
The National Marine Fisheries Service plans to award an indefinite delivery-indefinite quantity contract for scientific and technical support services, primarily at its Southwest Fisheries Science Center in La Jolla, CA.
``Although rarely witnessed, killer whales have been seen attacking small sperm whale calves, but never attacking and killing adults,'' said Susan Chivers of the NMFS' Southwest Fisheries Science Center and chief scientist on the cruise.