8 /PRNewswire/ -- "Oklahoma Style," a live recording of the 35th Annual Southern California Indian Center Pow Wow held at Orange County, California, is nominated among four other recordings as Best Native American Music Album for the 2008 Grammy Awards.
What does SCIC stand for?
SCIC stands for Southern California Indian Center (est. 1968)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCIC
We have 101 other meanings of SCIC in our Acronym Attic
- Semiconductor Integrated Circuit
- Senior Cadet Instructors Cadre (UK)
- Service Commun Interprétation-Conférences (Joint Interpreting and Conference Service)
- Service Contract Industry Council (Tallahassee, FL)
- Sickle Cell Information Center
- Significant Change in Condition (healthcare)
- Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception (Catholic religious order)
- Society of Certified Insurance Counselors
- South Coastal Information Center (San Diego archaeology)
- Southern California Impreza Club (car club)
- Special Control Item Code
- Sport Compact Import Club (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Standing Committee on Implementation and Compliance (Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources)
- Standing Committee on Interregional Connectivity (ICFA)
- Stay Connected Information Center (Performance Warehouse Association)
- Strategic Consulting and Implementation Consortium (London, England, UK)
- Sumter County Interagency Council (Florida, USA)
- Super Cucine Italiane Componibili (Italian: Super Italian Modular Kitchens)
- Surface Coil Intensity Correction
- Santa Cruz Institute of Contemporary Arts (Santa Cruz, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
28-30 38th Annual Southern California Indian Center Powwow.
Also, "A partnership with the Southern California Indian Center would have given us more money.
Leadership from the Southern California Indian Center (the largest Community Based Organization for Urban American Indians in the Country) will also be there to speak on this subject and their experiences in obtaining grants and funding from major philanthropic foundations.
The event opened with musical entertainment by Santa Monica High School students, followed by a ceremonial dance performed by Native American Vince Whipple from the Southern California Indian Center.
Among the members: Southern California Indian Center, Asian Pacific Planning Council, South Central Food Distributors, Jewish Federation Council and Lutheran Social Services.
Toward this end, the Southern California Indian Center, the Indian Health Community program, the Intertribal Veterans of Los Angeles County and other important social venues will be on site to discuss their individual programs.