The two African countries are both members of the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), Southern African Customs Union (SACU) and the Rand Monetary Area (RMA).
What does SACU stand for?
SACU stands for Southern African Customs Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SACU
We have 12 other meanings of SACU in our Acronym Attic
- Standing Advisory Committee on Trunk Road Assessment (UK)
- South African Council for Town and Regional Planners
- Security Assistance Case Tracking System
- STD/AIDS Counseling and Training Services
- South African Congress of Trade Unions
- Surveillance and Control Training Unit (Australia)
- Southern African Clothing and Textile Workers' Union
- San Antonio Credit Union (est. 1935; Texas)
- San Antonio Federal Credit Union (Texas)
- Scanner Air Conditioning Unit
- Stand-Alone Digital Communications Unit
- Supplier Audit and Compliance Unit (National Security Council)
- Senate Advisory Committee on University Affairs (University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, MI)
- Student Advisory Committee on the University Budget (University of Cincinnati; Ohio)
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers
- San Antonio Colleges and Universities Placement Association
- Southern Association on Children Under Six (Atlanta, GA)
- Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd. (Mumbai, India)
- Statistical Analysis in Computer Vision (workshop)
- San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But Namibian Customs and Excise argues that importers use Botswana only as a front to dodge the rules on the import of 2nd hand vehicles into the Southern African Customs Union.
SWAZILAND HAS STEPPED back from the brink of fiscal calamity thanks to unusually strong customs receipts from the Southern African Customs Union (SACU) collection and disbursement mechanism.
India said on Tuesday it expects to reach a preferential trading deal with the Southern African Customs Union by the end of the year as it seeks to expand its economic footprint on the African continent.
Swaziland was plunged into a financial crisis following South Africa's 2009 recession which triggered a collapse in revenues from the Southern African Customs Union, which has historically accounted for two-thirds of Swaziland's budget.
Swaziland's fiscal troubles stem from a sharp decline in revenues from the regional Southern African Customs Union (SACU), which has historically accounted for two-thirds of the government's budget.
The seven members of the Southern African Customs Union are negotiating a combined EPA with the EU and hope to put pen to paper on a deal by the end of this year.
He further said that India and Southern African Customs Union have been negotiating a Preferential Trade Agreement to give a further boost to our ties.