The system provides power for a number of transit systems including the New Jersey Transit Rail Operations (NJT), Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) and Maryland Area Regional Commuter Train (MARC).
What does SEPTA stand for?
SEPTA stands for Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SEPTA
We have 1 other meaning of SEPTA in our Acronym Attic
- Southeastern Public Safety Institute
- Stored Emergency Power Supply System
- Self-Esteem Protection Theory
- Settlement and Education Partnership in Toronto (Canada)
- Société d'Edition de Programme de Télévision (French: Television Program Publishing Company)
- Software Engineering Process Technology
- Solar Electron and Proton Telescope
- South Essex Partnership University NHS (National Health Service) Foundation Trust
- Toxic (Prefix)
- Special Education Parent Teacher Association
- Special Education Program for Teachers and Administrators (Arizona)
- Seaborne Powered Target
- Separate Telegram
- Service Etudes et Projets Thermiques et Nucléaires (French: Department of Thermal and Nuclear Studies and Projects; Electricité de France)
- Sensing of Phage-Triggered Ion Cascade (bacteria detection and identification technology)
- Special Education Parent Teacher Organization
- Shallow-Water Environmental Profiler in Trawl-safe, Real-time
- School Equipment Production Unit (est. 1976; Kenya)
- Sociedad Española de Precios Únicos
Samples in periodicals archive:
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), the transit services operator for Philadelphia and surrounding counties and PATCO s regional partner, is hosting the Transportation Council Meeting.
But this is the one I'm most proud of," Fattah declared during ceremonies against the backdrop of rusting but still functioning power facilities in the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Wayne Avenue yards.
Philadelphia-area newspaper the Daily Local recently reported that the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) has been awarded a $589,999 grant by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) to assist SEPTA in the purchase of 20 new hybrid electric diesel buses.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority In 1991, as a part of an effort to upgrade its 234-officer police force, the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), which operates a commuter rail system in Philadelphia and its suburbs, instituted a series of physical fitness requirements for both onboard and potential police officers.
Crawley points out that for the past two years, Philadelphia's public transportation system, the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), has awarded only 18% of its contracts to black contractors.
CTA, WMATA, and Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), all of which operate extensive rail systems, submitted supporting petitions, calling for the retention of existing platform edges instead.
John Doe, an AIDS sufferer, was a middle-level manager of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA).