Left above, Arcimboldo, Summer, Southampton City Art Gallery
What does SCAG stand for?
SCAG stands for Southampton City Art Gallery (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCAG
We have 30 other meanings of SCAG in our Acronym Attic
- Soil Conservation and Agro Forestry Extension
- Sonoma County Academic Foundation for Excellence in Medicine (California)
- Scanning Fast Field Program
- Smart Card Forum of India
- Southern California Association of Fingerprint Officers
- Sagarmatha Community Agro-Forestry Project (Nepal)
- South Carolina Academy of Family Physicians (Laurens, SC)
- Situation Continuously All Fouled Up (polite form)
- Scientific and Clinical Advances Group (London, UK)
- Selective Coronary Angiography (cardiology)
- Southern California Association of Government
- Splinter Cell Anarchy Galore (working title of the sequel of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory)
- Starcraft Addicted Gamers
- System Configuration Advisory Group
- Sun Country Amateur Golf Association (Rio Rancho, NM)
- Standing Committee on Antarctic Geographic Information
- South Carolina Association of Governmental Purchasing Officials
- Sandoz Clinical Assessment Geriatric Scale
- Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall
- Severe Chronic Active Hepatitis
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the earliest works in the show, lent by Southampton City Art Gallery, is a fantastical reference to summer by the 16th century artist, Guiseppe Arcimboldo - one of the artist's famous fruit and vegetable head-shaped compositions for which he is best known.
Rather than holding pride of place in the exhibition - it ran for two months at Southampton City Art Gallery before going up to London and then a tour of the country in 2004 - Ow do they feel then?
The solid earth-bound form of Kiss and Tell, with its brick-like layers and uneasy associations, is in stark contrast to Deacon's earlier linear sculptures such as Mirror, Mirror (198384) from Southampton City Art Gallery which lyrically draws a form in space.
Godfrey, a former director of the British Museum in London and Southampton City Art Gallery, came to Middlesbrough five years ago to take up his post and lead development of the pounds 14m venue.
A former curator, and then director, of the British Museum in London, he was also previously director at Southampton City Art Gallery.
``He has gained international recognition for his black and white landscape paintings and wall paintings with recent solo shows at UCLA Hammer Museum, Los Angeles, Southampton City Art Gallery and in Kunsthalle Nurnberg.
Godfrey, a former director of the British Museum in London and Southampton City Art Gallery, is leading the development of the pounds 14m venue.