South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Authority passed a vote of "no Confidence" in First Group in November 2005 following fare rises and cuts in services Tom Powdrill, senior policy officer at the TUC, said, "Our pension fund has been very concerned about companies pursuing goals that are perceived to be in the short-term interests of management at the expense of long-term shareholders.
What does SYPTA stand for?
SYPTA stands for South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Authority (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Somali Youth for Peace and Democracy (Somalia)
- Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (Canada)
- Save Your Pretty Heart
- Shut Your Pie Hole
- Standardized Years of Potential Life Lost Ratio
- Seattle Young Peoples Project
- Southern Yucatan Peninsular Region (Worcester, MA)
- Scottish Young People's Survey (UK)
- Suministros y Pinturas, SA (Spanish: Supplies and Paints Company; est. 1961; Spain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As a long-standing custodian Passenger Group for the Penistone Line, we are in close contact with both West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Authority and South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Authority, where we have membership on their respective Advisory Committees.