It was originally run by the South West Regional Development Agency (SWRDA), which like the other RDAs across the country has been disbanded by the Government.
What does SWRDA stand for?
SWRDA stands for South West Regional Development Agency (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of SWRDA in our Acronym Attic
- Steering Wheel Remote Control (automotive electronics)
- Soil and Water Resources Conservation Act of 1977
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Shoreham Wading River Central School District
- Single Wire Return Device
- Social Work Research Development
- Software Requirements Document
- Solid Waste and Recycling Department (various locations)
- Solomon West Ridgeway Dias Bandaranaike (former prime minister; Sri Lanka)
- Still Waters Run Deep
- South West Rocks Dive Centre (Australia)
- Southwest Washington Regional Data Center (Vancouver, WA)
- Social Work Research and Development Unit (University of York; UK)
- School of Water Resources Engineering (Jadavpur University; Calcutta, India)
- South West Regional Event
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment (US House of Representatives)
- Seattle World Rhythm Festival (Seattle, WA)
- Shallow-Water Reef Fish
- Soiled Waste Receiving Facility
- Solid Waste Reserve Fund (Atlanta, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CTC has a pounds 7m contract for the Wave Hub project being developed by the South West regional development agency, which will allow companies to test wave energy arrays through a grid-connected socket on the seabed.
The scheme has been opposed by the Cornwall Wildlife Trust, but the Environment Agency raised no objections and the South West Regional Development Agency backed it on energy production grounds.
The AWM contract comes on the back of Pinsent Masons role in advising the South West Regional Development Agency on the roll out of its RIF which funds major infrastructure projects in the South West.
The Welsh Assembly Government, in collaboration with the South West Regional Development Agency and the Dept of Energy and Climate Change, has commissioned a team of consulting engineering and finance companies to assess a range of issues relating to the 11 schemes originally proposed to provide tidal range energy.
So far capital funding of GBP 135 million to develop Eden has been raised from a combination of GBP 58 million from the Millennium Commission Lottery Fund, GBP 50 million in regional grants from the South West Regional Development Agency and Objective One European Regional Development Fund, and GBP27 million in the form of loans, lease finance and Eden's own revenue generation.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Village retailers in the south west of England are to get a helping hand from a scheme backed by the South West Regional Development Agency.
Chris Garcia, from South West Regional Development Agency, outlines his top tips for being a successful entrepreneur.