The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), based in Edgbaston, said figures recorded by Injury Profiles, launched by the South West Public Health Observatory (SWPHO), would help to identify problem areas which could then be improved.
What does SWPHO stand for?
SWPHO stands for South West Public Health Observatory (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Short Wavelength Pass Filter
- Single White Professional Female
- Southwest Pacific Force (US Navy)
- State Water Plan Fund (Kansas)
- Sungai Wain Protection Forest (Indonesia)
- South Walton Professional Fire Fighters Association
- Semantic Web Portal Generator
- Solid Waste Policy Group (Rutgers State University of New Jersey)
- South West Paranormal Group (UK)
- South Western Park Homes (UK)
- Solubilized Wheat Protein Isolate
- Social Workers for Peace and Justice (education and advocacy organization)
- Scottish Women's Premier League (UK)
- South Wales Premier League (squash and racketball; UK)
- South West Pistol League (Southern California)
- Stuff White People Like (humorous blog)
- South West Protected Landscapes Forum (Newton Abbot, Devon, United Kingdom)
- Single White Professional Male
- Software Project Manager
- Solid Wood Packing Material (Department of Agriculture)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The South West Public Health Observatory (SWPHO) has released the latest Injury Profiles for Local Authorities in England, which puts Middlesbrough at the top of the league for poisoning injuries, closely followed by Redcar and Cleveland in fourth.
While preventing smoking is key to reducing lung cancer, most of the work to encourage people to give up cigarettes has been focused on men, the report published by the South West Public Health Observatory indicates.
People suffering from alcohol-induced illness in the south-west of England rocketed from nearly 8,600 in 2001 to nearly 12,950 in 2005, research conducted by the South West Public Health Observatory (SWPHO), shows.