Permitting is required through South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) and US Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) to determine limits of dredging area and volumes that will be presented in the final drawings and report.
What does SFWMD stand for?
SFWMD stands for South Florida Water Management District
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of SFWMD in our Acronym Attic
- Soil Fertility Working Group (various locations)
- State/Federal Working Group
- South Florida Winter Guard Association
- Skin Fragility-Woolly Hair Syndrome
- Sioux Falls Washington High School Historical Committee (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of Japan
- Surface-Wave Leaky Mode
- So Früh Wie Möglich (German: As Soon As Possible)
- South Florida Water Management (West Palm Beach, FL)
- Stand Firm World Ministries (Texas)
- South Florida Water Management Model
- Sacramento Fish and Wildlife Office (US Fish and Wildlife Service; Sacramento, CA)
- Scaled Function Weighted Order (image processing)
- Six Flags Worlds of Adventure (amusement park, Aurora, Ohio, USA)
- San Francisco Women on the Web (San Francisco, CA; also seen as SF Wow)
- Safe for Work Porn
- Santa Fe Writers Project
- School of Forestry and Wood Products (Michigan Technological University; Houghton, MI)
- Smoke Free Work Place
- South Florida Writing Project (Fischler Graduate School of Education and Human Services; Nova Southeastern University; Davie, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) recently awarded CH2M HILL a contract to provide professional engineering services as part of an $880 million plan to restore the Everglades.
including the Everglades, the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) has won the 2013 Growing Blue Award, presented during an awards ceremony at the American Water Summit in Washington, D.
Partners in addition to ARS include the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences and the South Florida Water Management District.
To reduce the lake's nutrient level, the South Florida Water Management District began pumping untreated farm runoff into the central Everglades.
We felt this to be a creative means to try to educate the public on the need for year-round water conservation," said Henry Dean, executive director of the South Florida Water Management District.
The South Florida Water Management District has not agreed to pay homeowners 125 percent of the market value of their properties.
The melaleuca outcompetes everything--it's just a nuisance," says Robert Shuford, an environmental scientist at the South Florida Water Management District in West Palm Beach.