Krumping and its precursor, clown dancing, refer to styles of dance developed in South Central Los Angeles in response to the riots of 1992.
What does SCLA stand for?
SCLA stands for South Central Los Angeles (California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SCLA
We have 35 other meanings of SCLA in our Acronym Attic
- Society of Claim Law Associates
- Solano Citizens Land Alliance (California)
- Solaris Containers for Linux Applications
- Sonoma County Legal Aid (California)
- Source Code License Agreement
- South Carolina Landowners Association
- South Carolina Library Association
- South Carolina Locksmith Association
- South Central Literacy Action
- South Central Llama Association
- Southern California Lacrosse Association
- Southern California Logistics Airport (formerly George AFB)
- Southern Comparative Literature Association
- Spring Creek Lodge Academy (Thompson Falls, MT)
- State Criminal Lunatic Asylum (UK)
- State CSBG Lead Agencies
- Student Camp Leadership Academy (American Camp Association)
- Studio City Los Angeles
- Study Committee on Lawyer Advertising
- Subtraction cDNA Library Array
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are African American, raised in the inner city of South Central Los Angeles with no formal college education.
In late 1988 and early 1989, a small group of young South Central Los Angeles gang members affiliated with the Rollin 60s Grips gang began to frequent crack cocaine houses operated by other Rollin 60s members.
Blacks often questioned the picture quality and the Community noticed that Public Access Programs offering to help with the crime in South Central Los Angeles were being distorted and the public were unable to view them.
Power was restored earlier in the day for about 7,059 customers in some neighborhoods of South and South Central Los Angeles, Chatsworth, Montecito Heights, Van Nuys and Hollywood.
offices in Santa Monica and a house in South Central Los Angeles built to catch all storm water on site.
The opening of this South Central Los Angeles office is a significant step for us.
Comerica Bank and the IndyMac Bank participated in the guided bus tour through South Central Los Angeles and round table discussion.