After the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan, President Bush called on private sector CEOs to establish the South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund (SAERF), which - along with the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy - administered nearly $ 20 million to NGOs for relief, reconstruction, and rehabilitation.
What does SAERF stand for?
SAERF stands for South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Santé Animale et Epidémiosurveillance dans les Pays du Sud (French: Animal Health and Epidemiological Surveillance in Tropical Countries)
- Safety Analysis and Evaluation Report
- Security Access Eligibility Report
- Soccorso Alpino Emilia Romagna (Italian: Emilia-Romagna Mountain Rescue; Italy)
- Software Architecture Evaluation Record
- Students at Educational Risk (Australia)
- System Architecture Evaluation Record
- Strategy for Adult Education in Rural Areas
- Strait Area Education and Recreation Center
- Strait Area Education and Recreation Centre (Canada)
- Systems Analysis and Engineering Research Support
- Saint Andrew's Episcopal School (Potomac, MD)
- Saudi Aramco Engineering Standard
- Scanning Auger Electron Spectroscopy
- School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (various schools)
- Sociedad Anónima de Electrónica Submarina (Spanish underwater electronics company)
- Solar Array Electrical Simulator
- Special Assistant for Environmental Services
- State Agricultural Experiment Station
- Southern African Entrepreneurship and Small Business Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations, Louise Frechette, attended the CECP's Excellence Awards Luncheon, where he recognized five leaders who were asked by President Bush to lead the South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund.
Government advisor for the South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund, a consortium of American corporate CEOs who were asked by President Bush to raise private funding for relief and reconstruction.
Former UPS Chairman and CEO Jim Kelly recently returned from a trip to the area in his role as a director of the South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund.
NEW YORK -- The South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund (SAERF), administered by the Committee to Encourage Corporate Philanthropy, announced today a $200,000 grant to the International Rescue Committee (IRC), the first grant to be distributed by the Fund.
The five executives directing the South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund (SAERF) include: Jeff Immelt, Chairman and CEO, General Electric; Hank McKinnell Jr.
The South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund will complement the overall U.