The South African Police Service expressed "extreme shock and outrage" at the mobile phone footage.
What does SAPS stand for?
SAPS stands for South African Police Service
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAPS
We have 64 other meanings of SAPS in our Acronym Attic
- Seismological Acquisition and Processing System
- Service Assurance Production Support (Sprint)
- Session Attempts Per Second
- Shed Acute Phase Antigen
- Shippingport Atomic Power Station (Shippingport, PA)
- Signal Algorithmic Processing System (from Hunt for Red October, Tom Clancy novel)
- Simplified Acute Physiology Scores
- Skills, Abilities, Potential and Suitability (interviewing and evaluation)
- Small Arms Perception Survey
- Sonar Adaptive Processing Study
- Southern Auto Problem Solutions
- Spectator Amateur Press Society (est. 1947)
- Stand Alone Power Systems
- Statistical Analysis of Protein Sequences
- Status Already in Protection State (Alcatel)
- Successive Alkalinity-Producing System (used to treat acid leachate)
- Sulphated Ash Phosphorus Sulphur
- Swedish Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- San Antonio Pediatric Surgery Associates (est. 1999; now Division of Pediatric Surgery; School of Medicine; University of Texas Health Science Center; San Antonio, TX)
- San Antonio Polio Survivors' Association (San Antonio, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Drug-related crimes increased in all nine provinces in 2012 for a country-wide increase of 17 percent, according to the South African Police Service (SAPS) annual crime statistics report.
The announcement by the South African Police Service came on the third day of Pistorius' bail hearing, as Nike confirmed it has suspended its contract with the Paralympian pending the outcome of the trial.
THE NUMBER OF PRIVATE LAWMEN and women in South Africa greatly outnumbers the servicemen enrolled on the South African Police Services (SAPS).
Christopher Preece, 54, died in an attack at his farm near the town of Ficksburg, close to the border with Lesotho, on Saturday night, said Captain Phumelelo Dhlamini, of the South African Police Service.
The South African Police Service must take action to ensure that those responsible are held accountable and procedures are put in place to prevent similar incidents from ever happening again.
AQUARIUS PLATINUM LIMITED 2 August 2012 Situation calms at Kwezi Aquarius Platinum (SA) (Pty) Limited advises that the situation reported yesterday at Kwezi shaft has calmed following the intervention of the South African Police Services.
Tracker is used by the South African Police Service and has "increasingly diversified into new technologies; the 'track and Tracker' element is now being strongly complemented by the provision and application of intelligent data, allowing fairer premiums for law-abiding, fuel-conscious drivers.