Nurses, including student nurses, registered with the South African Nursing Council, who were willing to give consent to be tested for HBV, HCV and HIV and to receive test results were eligible to participate.
What does SANC stand for?
SANC stands for South African Nursing Council (Pretoria, South Africa)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SANC
We have 19 other meanings of SANC in our Acronym Attic
- San Bernardino Association of Governments
- South African National Biodiversity Institute
- South African National Bioinformatics Institute
- South African National Botanical Institute
- South African National Blood Service
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center (Milwaukee, WI)
- Signaling Area Network Codes
- Singapore Article Number Council
- South African National Committee
- South African Native Congress
- Systems Approach for Nursery Certification (agriculture; UN)
- Society of Ateneans of Naga City in San Diego, California (Ateneo de Naga University)
- School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts (Seattle, WA)
- South African Council on Alcoholism
- South African National Council on Alcoholism (est. 1956; Bordeaux, Randburg, South Africa)
- South African National Council for the Blind
- Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Salim Ali Nature Conservation Fund (India)
- South African National Climbing Federation
- South African National Cultural Heritage (Michigan State University; East Lansing, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ICN is registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as Critical Care Nursing-General, an additional qualification making ICNs clinical nurse specialists (CNSs).
The learning programme is regulated by the South African Nursing Council (SANC), a statutory body entrusted to set and maintain standards of nursing education and practice as stated in the Nursing Act of 1978 (as amended; South Africa 1978).
Beukes 1983:6; Department of Health 2001:23) This position is regarded as an extended role of the registered nurse and is recognised and regulated by the South African Nursing Council (SANC) through the Nursing Act, No.
South African Nursing Council (SANC) registers rose by 14% between 1996 and 2006 (an estimated 82% of who were considered active).
The South African Nursing Council (SANC) is the provisional ETQA for nursing and midwifery.
Discussion The South African Nursing Council maintains a register of nurses in South Africa, which gathers information pertaining to the qualifications of nurses but does not track whether these nurses are practising and if so, where they are practising.
The target population comprised all the nurses (n=3 331) on the registers of the South African Nursing Council (SANC) who completed their basic training during 2002.